The Ultimate Top Swiss Ski Resorts Voted by Skiers
Switzerland is the quintessential alpine country and home to some of the planet's most iconic mountains and resorts. Some of the biggest glaciers are here much to the delight of dedicated winter sports enthusiasts and with many high-altitude peaks rising over 4000 metres.
Switzerland's credentials include:
• Fifty-seven 4,000m peaks including the Matterhorn, Eiger and Monte Rosa
• Europe's biggest glacier - the Aletsch
• World-famous resorts such as St Moritz and Verbier, and many less well known but still impressive resorts
• Europe's highest railway station - Jungfraujoch at 3,454 metres
• Huge cable cars - such as Klein Matterhorn and Schilthorn
A recent survey by skiers and snowboarders rated Swiss ski resorts across the categories of Pistes, Nightlife, Family Friendly, and Overall. The best feedback is always from the people who are regularly on the slopes.